This year Umbrella Festival hosted ‘Clean Up Your Act’, a sustainability and climate action focussed workshop, delving into how members of the music community can help create cleaner and more environmentally friendly events and gigs.
Below is a round-up of handy resources from the workshop, which featured discussions from leading experts in sustainability and climate action from Green Music Australia.
Guides and toolkits
- City of Adelaide’s Sustainable Event Guidelines
- Green Industries SA Waste and Recycling at Events and Venues
- Arts on Tour Green Touring Guidebook
- Greenpeace Green Electricity Guide and explainer clip.
Case studies and further learning
- Venue in Glasgow using Body Heat to power venue
- Tim Minchin’s Greening page
- Climate Crisis and the Arts event on YouTube or as a podcast on Spotify.
- Climate Action page industry resources.
Financial institutions and sponsorship in the industry
- Market Forces
- Responsible Returns
- Map of connections between fossil fuels industries and arts organisations in Australia.
- Scott Ludlam on State Capture
- The ‘Untangling session’ and ‘deep dive into divestment‘ podcasts
Docos and podcasts